HB and I did various small tasks today as allowed by the weather. A lot of the big jobs are awaiting the haul-out or parts. HB worked online, checking into entry requirements into the British Virgin Islands (I’d rather be going to the British Experienced Older Woman Islands, myself, but there you go), including cat importation documents.
We also checked out safety gear. HB tested the EPIRB, which is overdue for hydrostatic release replacement by 2 years, and replacement battery by 5 years. It works, but we wouldn’t be replacing it if it didn’t. With unlimited budget, sure, but in reality it’s $1000 we wouldn’t be able to spent on something that might keep the boat afloat, rather than politely calling the Coast Guard to inform them that it’s not.
Speaking of preventative safety gear, I checked the sea anchor. Turns out it is not a parachute anchor, but the old-style cone type. It’ll have to do, since we don’t have the money to buy another. The galvanised swivel is shot, so I replaced it with one of the stainless Wichard ones I took off the anchor.
Should be in to Port Annapolis on Wednesday for engine work.