The damage from the rock in Oyster Bay was minor–a few mm of glass ground off the keel forefoot. We were also able to see the keel foot properly for the first time since we got the boat, and discovered many years of grounding damage, some fairly ugly, all along the keel. This is now properly reglassed. The patches of worn off bottom paint from the Hudson grounding have been repainted, as has the prop. We have renewed the sacrificial zincs on the prop, shaft, and rudder gudgeons.
Becca has been a trooper, and has more or less single-handedly prepped and repainted the bootstripe, which was green. We used a white anti-fouling paint to keep the colour scheme without gathering sea life.
Yesterday and today, I knocked out the old sonar unit and replaced it with a shiny new one. I still have to wire it to the new head unit and install the radome, but that can happen in the water.
HB has been working on patterning the new dodger top, but took a few hours from that project to build a cover for the skylight.
That’s about it. No time for much else.